11 September, 2009

A grim reminder to always carry ID

From this Tuesday's Arizona Republic:

Phoenix teen in critical condition after hit-run accident

A teenager is in critical condition after he was struck by a hit-run-driver Labor Day morning.
The accident happened around 6:30 a.m. at 72nd Place just north of West McDowell Road in Phoenix. The teenager was on the east side of the street when a vehicle veered from the road and hit him.
The Phoenix Police Department is looking for tips that could lead to the driver's arrest. Officers also need help identifying the victim so that they can contact his family.
The victim is a Hispanic male in his late teens or early 20s. He is just under six feet tall and weighs about 160 pounds. He was wearing a white t-shirt, dark blue or black nylon shorts and Nike tennis shoes. He has a small scar on the left side of his chest, black hair and brown eyes.
If you have any information about the accident or know someone that fits the victim's description and is missing, call the police at 602-262-6151.
I usually stuff my driver's license into my armband with my iPod, but I know that in the effort to minimize their load, many runners and bikers don't carry any ID at all. Not a great idea.


I ran my regularly scheduled 30-minute run this morning, completing 3.18 miles at 9:27/mile. My knee was pretty sore afterword, so I applied RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) and it feels fine now. I started reading ChiRunning last night; I'm hoping it will help me work out some of the kinks in my form.

No comments:

Post a Comment